I’ve loved banana bread ever since I was a child. I remember when the bananas would get overripe on the counter and my mom would whip up a loaf of banana bread. The aromas of ripe bananas would completely fill our house and is now a nostalgic smell of comfort to me.
I just came home from a business trip yesterday and noticed three overripe bananas and thought to myself, “it’s time to make some banana bread.” Since my husband and I are currently sitting inside all weekend (thanks to hurricane Harvey), I thought it would be the perfect treat to make some paleo chocolate chip banana bread.
This recipe has no refined sugars (except the chocolate chips that you can omit), no butter, and no flour. It came out super moist and delicious! Another win win to this recipe is minimal clean up due to easy blending in my Vitamix!
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 2 tbs melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c almond butter
- 1/4 c unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c organic coconut flour
- 1/4 c rolled oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 c dark chocolate chips (optional)
- grease a loaf pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- add all ingredients except oats and chocolate chips to your vitamix or blender and blend on high for about 8 seconds or until smooth (don't over mix).
- add remaining oats and chocolate chips to the blender and stir together with a spoon.
- pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. to check if your bread is done, place a knife in the loaf in the center and it should come out clean.
- allow the bread to cool for 20 minutes and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- a slice is delicious to eat on its own or with coconut butter, cashew butter, almond butter, or grass fed butter spread on top!