Switch up your morning smoothie and put in a BOWL! This green goodness smoothie bowl is packed with nutrient-dense super foods and can be topped with your favorite toppings.
Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Smoothie: add spinach, kale or any of your favorite greens and some frozen fruit in order to get a thick texture for a smoothie bowl. Frozen organic banana, strawberries, mango, pineapple and blueberries are some of my favorites to use. If I’m making this right before I head to a workout I like to add a scoop of protein powder. Then add either coconut water, almond milk, hemp milk or regular milk.
Smoothie Bowl Toppings: this is my favorite part // Go crazy and add whatever fruit, nuts or seeds you have in your kitchen. Here are some suggestions:
- sliced banana
- coconut chips
- bee polen
- chia seeds
- hemp seeds
- flax seeds
- nuts Green Goodness Smoothie Bowl2016-09-05 10:49:09Serves 1vegetarian, gluten-freeWrite a reviewPrep Time10 minTotal Time10 minPrep Time10 minTotal Time10 minIngredients
- 2c of organic greens (spinach, swiss chard, kale, etc)
- 1 1/2 frozen organic bananas
- 1 scoop of nut butter
- 1/2c of frozen organic strawberries
- 1c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop of protein powder (I used Vega this time)
- all the toppings // fresh fruit, hemp seeds, chia seeds, bee pollen, coconut chips, etc
- mix frozen bananas, greens, strawberries, nut butter, protein powder, probiotics and almond milk in a blender until blended well. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Brussel and Sprout http://brusselandsprout.com/
- Give your tummy some good bacteria and throw in your favorite probiotics (I use USANA)